July 24, 2024

LANE — A historic house near Lane was destroyed by fire last night. Pottawatomie Township assistant fire chief James Savage said he was told that the old two-story stone house in the 400 block of Virginia Terrace was one of the historic places in the Lane area.
Savage says that the fire was started by a cooking fire. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Department said the house was owned by Todd Register. Four rural departments — Pottawatomie, Cutler and Ohio townships and LOH– were at the scene nearly four hours battling the blaze.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *