July 24, 2024

OTTAWA — An Ottawa family briefly fled their home in the 700 block of North Sycamore Friday morning because of carbon monoxide. Fire Chief Jeff Carner said the family was standing outside when firefighters arrived to check the house. Some of the deadly gas was found and the department called Kansas Gas Service, he said. Carbon monoxide is a by-product of incomplete combustion. Firefighters say every home should have working carbon monoxide detectors in addition to smoke detectors.
Monday, Jan. 24, 4 p.m.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *